[tex-live] TL vs CTAN

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:29:02 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> of course, we've been told that tl updates are lagging after the
> "frozen" period.  so i've not checked the rest, but...
>
>> NEWER ON TEXLIVE????
>>
>> shadethm.html
>
> in the recent past, shadethm has regularly been used as a test
> directory.  it's entirely possible that it's date has got out of sync
> during the course of that stuff, snapshotted by tex live, and then "put
> right" on ctan, again.
>
> we ought to have a "test" directory for that sort of thing, but we
> don't.  :-(
>
> robin

To be honest I am not sure that it is newer on CTAN, it looks newer
and set of files is completely different

BTW looking on the packages listed I realized that some authors are
pretty resourceful in hiding version numbers or dates and licensing
info. If going through this was my day jobs I would be really unhappy
(to put it in a polite way). May be some guidelines are needed?

Victor