[tex-live] talk package

Martin Wiebusch mwiebusch at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun May 31 21:27:15 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have noticed (and feel honored) that you have included my "talk"
package (http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/talk) in
TeXLive.

I would like to point out that talk v. 1.0.2, which you currently
include, does not work with pgf 1.7. It was only tested with 0.xx
versions of pgf and the 1.xx versions are not backward compatible.

On the other hand, the current version 1.1 of talk works fine with pgf
v. 1.7, even though I state in the README that pgf 1.18 is required. Pgf
1.18 was simply the recent CTAN version in 2006 (!), when I wrote talk
1.1, and I thought it would get included in distributions sooner. (I
assume you have your reasons, though.)

Please include the latest version of talk from ctan so that people can
acutally use the package ;)

Best regards,
Martin.