[tex-live] texlive 2008 update --all loses update.cfg, help?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat May 16 23:58:13 CEST 2009

On 16 May 2009 Norbert Preining wrote:

 > On Sat, 16 May 2009, John Owens wrote:

 >> regenerating fmtutil.cnf in Cannot open
 >> /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/fmtutil/format.luatex.cnf The
 >> generated fmtutil.cnf file might be incomplete.  Error: No such
 >> file or directory readline() on closed filehandle INFILE at
 >> /usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 1257.
 >
 > Extremly strange. I can only imagine that some updates for 2009 slipped
 > through, which would be *REALLY* bad ....

I just installed from network and everything worked fine.

Then I moved the 2008 directory to somewhere else and unzipped an old
version of the texlive tree I created in January.  Then I ran "tlmgr
update --all".  I had to update bin-texlive and texlive.infra before.
Again, no problems at all.

Norbert, don't panic!  :)

Regards,
  Reinhard