[tex-live] marvosym and font missing

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:29:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-05-06 00:00 +0100, George N. White III wrote:
>>> Any idea how to fix it?
>>
>> Not without more data.  Do you have a trivial example?  For comparison
>> (using linux since I'm in the process checking a new build, but MacTeX
>> should use the same paths).
>
> Many thanks for your detailed analysis. I got some help from #LaTeX and
> the problem was because of a pdftex.map in my ~/.texlive2008, after
> deleting that dir, it works.

Glad it helped.

A too comon problem, maybe a result of running "sudo updmap" which
can leave files in user directories that are owned by root.  I make sure
the tex live tree is owned by a regular user, and use <program>-sys
versions to do system-wide changes, but to me Mac OS X is unix with
a strange GUI.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia