[tex-live] dealing with ubuntu

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Mar 27 12:47:26 CET 2009

Lars Madsen a écrit :
>>> http://weblog.elzevir.fr/2008/11/tex-live-2008-a-la-vanille-sur-debian-like/
>>>
> thanks,
> that worked perfectly, you really should translate that page into english

I'll try to do so. There's a few pages about TL on Debian on tug.org, maybe it
would be a good place to put such a translation.

> does anyone remember where one can add an extra path such that
> programmes like texmaker will know where latex is when they are started
> via the menus?

Axel's answers is probably the more reliable way to go, if you have the
necessary access.

Otherwise, it depends on your graphical environment and how you start it. At
home, my windows manager is started from a .xsession file, so I put "source
$HOME/.zshenv" in my ~/.xsession (where .zshenv contains all my environment
declarations, and a security against double-loading). At work, there is KDE and
the solution is to symlink .zshenv as ~/.kde/env/zshenv.sh (the name must end
with .sh). There is a similar solution for Gnome but I can't remember it right now.

Manuel.