[tex-live] Help: latex can't running under apache

liujunxing liujunxing at skyground.com.cn
Mon Mar 23 02:51:20 CET 2009

Hi, everyone!

I send this help to tex-live at tug.org because I can't find a forum or other
communication method for post my question. If my mail is not suitable for
tex-live at tug.org mailing-list, I apologize for send the mail unadvisedly.

Our site use MediaWiki as wiki system, MediaWiki math extension using
latex to generate math formula, the process describe simplify as:
user edit math formula, as example: \frac{1}{3}
MediaWiki math extension wrap the formula to a tex file.
   call to latex translate tex to dvi file.
call to dvipng translate dvi to png, then display on webpage.

When I install texlive2008, it's all ok running latex program under root account,
but when running latex under apache (user is www-data), the error message is :
---! /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/latex.fmt doesn't match pdftex.pool
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Another solution is using xelatex instead of latex, but the question is xelatex
translate tex file to xdvi format, which I don't know how to translate xdvi file to png,
please also help for how to translate xdvi file to png.

My english is poor, , so I don't know how to say more for my acknowledgement !

2009-03-23

liujunxing from China