[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

Jerónimo Leal jleal at pusc.it
Sat Mar 21 18:04:28 CET 2009

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>
> > But while we're at it, I wonder in people would be interested in
> purchasing USB
> > keys with pre-installed TL (and maybe other portable tools like
> texworks) from
> > the TUG store (or via their local TUG).
>
> I wondered exactly the same; maybe there is a (small)
> source of income for a TeX entrepreneur who would
> like to offer such things on a buy-it-now basis
> on Ebay ...
>
> ** Phil.

But my group (GuIT) distributes the DVD to all the members every year.
What will happen if they distribute an usb-drive with a nice logo of TUG
on the surface? We are promoting the TUG also when the distribution is
obsolete and you can give the drive to another person or use it (also
without the content). I would be interested in  buy a little quantity of
drives to distribute to my students.

I think that the future is in others physical mediums than the DVD or CD.

The solution of the zip file with all tlnet/2008, which people can
easily download and unzip to their USB drive, is also very good.

Jerónimo Leal