[tex-live] TeX Live on usb drive

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:50:54 CET 2009

Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org> wrote:

> Ignoring Robin's petulant little outburst (below),

ha bloody ha ha.

my department pays for data transferred out of tex.ac.uk; i can't afford
to encourage everyone in the world who can't drive wget to flock to my
site, or my site will be shut down in perpetuity.

i have suppressed the inappropriate use of on-the-fly compression for
the texlive directories.

sure, help users who need help, but don't expect backdoors that you've
discovered to remain open.

i guess i ought, when i've read the appropriate documentation, to switch
off dynamic archiving altogether.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team