[tex-live] XeTeX and ConTeXt

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Mar 13 04:05:10 CET 2009

On 12 March 2009 Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

 > Yes, fc-list certainly produces output, but
 > the character set is odd in places :

I think that the problem is that there is nothing in the output of
fc-cache which indicates which encoding is used.  It's obviously
UTF-8.  When I redirect the output to a file and load this file into
Emacs, I see the string "UnDotum,은 돋움:style=Bold,Regular", which
is what I expect.

If your email client doesn't display the string properly: The garbage
you see appears as Hangul glyphs here.  I also see "mikachan,みかちゃ
ん:style=Regular".  If it's not displayed properly: It's Hiragana.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25