[tex-live] updmap and /

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 3 00:40:50 CET 2009

      $ rm -r ../todelete

I cannot find anywhere that .. is used in updmap.

Anyway, Lars, can you please report your actual updmap invocation and
the actual error message from updmap (as opposed to from your manual
tests)?  Perhaps run bash -vx updmap <args>, in fact.

I can believe that it is the permissions of / that are the issue, but
nothing in all the zillions of messages written so far have proved it,
as far as I can tell.

If that is indeed the case, it could perhaps be fixed, as Zdenek
suggested, by cd-ing to the script's original cwd instead of / before
doing the rm -rf $tmpdir.

karl