[tex-live] The TEX Live Guide, TEX Live 2008, August 2008

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 1 18:13:58 CET 2009

On 24 February 2009 Karl Berry wrote:

 >     The guide at
 >       http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html
 >     has 12 links pointing to
 >       ../../../../texmf-dist/doc/
 >     but the URL
 >       www.tug.org/texmf-dist/
 >     returns
 >       404 Not Found
 >
 > Thanks for the report.  I'll see if I can fix it, one way or another.

Hi Karl,
the relative links are working fine on the DVD.

When you made the HTML documentation available, neither the DVD nor
the texlive/Contents directory did exist.  It was clear that relative
links can't work but there had not been any other choice at this time.

The easiest fix is to replace the second paragraph in
http://tug.org/texlive/doc.html by a link to:

  Contents/live/index.html

Everything should be accessible then.  Another possibility is to
replace all links in the second paragraph of doc.html accordingly, but
I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25