[tex-live] failed test for lzmadec existence on 32-bit installation with 64-bit kernel

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jun 23 17:44:46 CEST 2009

On Di, 23 Jun 2009, Paul Menzel wrote:
> One last question. To get a working set up for my system, do I only have
> to adapt the one method in install-tl to return i386 (or something

After the call to
	# initialize the correct platform
	platform();
add
	$::_platform_ = "i386-linux";
	$vars{'this_platform'} = $::_platform_;
that should make it possible to continue with installation, and it will
always use i386-linux. No need ofr /usr/bin/lzmadec in this case.

Best wishes

Norbert

CORFE (n.)
An object which is almost totally indistinguishable from a newspaper,
the one crucial difference being tat it belongs to somebody else and
is unaccountably much more interesting that your own - which may
otherwise appear to be in all respects identical. Though it is a rule
of life that a train or other public place may contain any number of
corfes but only one newspaper, it is quite possible to transform your
own perfectly ordinary newspaper into a corfe by the simple expedient
of letting somebody else read it.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff