[tex-live] %& first line parsing different jobname

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jun 9 21:02:54 CEST 2009

On 9 June 2009 phillip weidlich wrote:

 > Sure I can imagine that. But there's been hope because it works in
 > other environments.
 >
 > Is there any other way, using TeXLive, to achieve my goal?
 > (changing the filename of the output file with 'just' placing a
 > command somewhere in the source file?)

______ mynewfilename.tex ________________
\input{someotherfile.tex}

This way you can create mynewfilename.pdf from someotherfile.tex.

Or is there any reason you have to avoid a .tex file with the same
basename as the output file you want to create?

Another option is to write a tiny shell script or makefile.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25