[tex-live] updmap.cfg query

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jul 26 19:57:55 CEST 2009

Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:

> > (I can't remember things like that; I have to make written notes in
> > places that I'll find them at a time when they'll be useful.  This is
>
> Why? Making notes is the best way to laziness and not understanding. I
> do not remember options but the --help option always helps once I have
> read and understood the man page.

i don't know how old rowland is, but i assume you're young enough to
have a mostly working short-term memory.  your remark isn't helpful to
one (like me) who often can't remember the name of a command he hasn't
used for a few days.

a set of notes that remind me where i'm going is an increasingly vital
part of my working environment; it rather sounds that it's part of
rowland's too -- don't knock it (any more that you would complain about
me using a stick when the arthritis is bad) -- please.

robin