[tex-live] Instructions on installing PostScript fonts?

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 22:11:09 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Reinhard
Kotucha<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 25 July 2009 B Wooster wrote:
>
>  > I started with a Kubuntu 9.04 system, but instead of the default
>  > ubuntu texlive, I use install-tl to get the 2008 version installed. I
>  > chose a minimal setup, with tex and latex.
>  >
> If you deliberately install a minimal system you can't expect to get
> everything.  You have to install at least the recommended fonts too.

I installed the "medium" scheme, which got me psnfss, but without the
fonts, so basically psnfss is unusable.

That is what I thought tlmgr was for - but I can't find any package
there that corresponds to "psfonts" or any collectons.

I looked at output of "tlmgr list" which shows a lot of stuff., shows
psnfss is installed (which seems bad - why was psnfss installed
without its dependent files?).
Can someone tell me how I find out which of the names listed by tlmgr
will install the psfonts?