[tex-live] Suggestion for tlmgr

Sven Bovin Sven.Bovin at cw-thaler.com
Thu Jul 16 10:28:03 CEST 2009

First of all: thank you all for TeXLive...

I have a suggestion for the tlmgr: some time back someone on comp.text.tex wondered why tlmgr did no longer update his or her TexLive 2008 installation. The answer turned out to be that the package repository for TL2008 was no longer updated since all effort went into TL2009.

Would it be possible to have tlmgr issue a message to the user when the repository has been frozen ? Something like 'Thank you for using TexLive XXXX. Our repository is now frozen since we now concentrate on bringing your TexLive (XXXX+1)' ?

Kind regards

Sven
(a happy TexLive user since around version 4)

--
Sven Bovin
Technical Leader
sven.bovin at cw-thaler.com

Callataÿ & Wouters
Tervuren Plaza
Av. de Tervurenlaan 226
B-1150 - Brussels, Belgium
RPM Brussels 0424 307 791
http://www.cw-thaler.com

Direct : +32 2 777 47 46
General: +32 2 777 41 11
Fax    : +32 2 777 41 22

Please consider your environmental responsability before printing this
e-mail.

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the addressee, you may not copy or deliver this message to
anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the
sender. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and
other information that do not relate to the official business of my firm
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.