[tex-live] Biber in TeX Live?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jul 10 19:08:26 CEST 2009

On Fr, 10 Jul 2009, François Charette wrote:
> Exactly. As long as biblatex itself is not included in TL, there is no
> point in having biber. And as we are currently going through an active

Sorry to state my point now clearly, I consider it a pain that we do not
include biblatex. I honor the Lehmann's wish not to include it, although
I am a bit surprised, that he agreed to include it in Debian!!!

For me the only explanation is that he still thinks that TL is frozen
until the next release, and that he never heard about the practically
daily updates.

He could write in his doc: If you are using texlive, before reporting a
bug please update biblatex wiht tlmgr.

Well, If someone here wants to bring that to Philip's attention and
re-ask him, that would be really nice!

> notes). The situation will certainly have changed dramatically by the
> time TL 2010 is released :)

I find it funny that Debian stable will have biblatex, but TeX Live
itself wont.

Best wishes

Norbert