[tex-live] Network installation of pretest TL fails

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:33:47 CEST 2009

2009/7/9 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> On Do, 09 Jul 2009, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> not TL 2009. Could the installer verify whether the TL database exists
>> on the server and if not, select another mirror?
>
> That is the automatic mirroring, for pretest please select one mirror
> manually via -location.

In the meantime I found that the installer looks automatically to
http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet but the correct
location is http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/tlnet/tlpkg/
Installation took 11 minutes.

> No, we wont retry different mirrors, because it might be that the user
> is simply offline.

My idea was to try another mirror if the selected mirror can be
accessed (eg top-level directory exists) but the TL database cannot be
found.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/