[tex-live] Pretest: tlmgr display problem

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Jul 8 22:56:08 CEST 2009

"NP" == Norbert Preining writes:

 NP> Expanding the above we would get: bibtex collection-basic ctie
 NP> metafont metapost patgen pdftex tex texdoc tie web so it is only
 NP> one collection. There are some cross-package dependencies, but they
 NP> are not soo important.

 NP> So no bug.

perhaps the wording is a bit confusing, since it says:

$ tlmgr show kpathsea
[...]
Collection: [...]

which implies that what is shown is (are) collection(s) which the
package is part of.

Maybe it should be changed to "Reverse depends:" or something like that,
since it could show not only collections but packages occasionally.

or, it should show the one and only collection, and then the reverse
package dependencies on a separate line, if any.

Best,
v.