[tex-live] pretest: install hangs (was re: path not set)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 8 10:59:09 CEST 2009

Hi Joel,

thanks for testing, but I have to ask you for more things ...

On Mi, 08 Jul 2009, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> > and send us the install-tl.log (the install program will tell you where
> > it has created it at the end).
>
> Done, and attached.

And then it just stopped with the error message you posted before? Yes
of course, there are important lines missing.

Anyway, I still don't see how that happened. It seems to go into
non-admin mode and then switches at some point to admin mode.

I have added a bunch of debug statements to various places, might I ask
you to do the following:
- completely uninstall all of TL2009
- replace the files you are using for installation with the attached
  files:
  - install-tl should go into the tlnet/ folder
  - TLUtils.pm and TLWinGoo.pm should go into tlnet/tlpkg/TeXLive folder

- then restart the installation with
	install-tl -v -gui
  and *PLEASE* select the scheme-minimal, that makes everything faster
  for you, no need to make a scheme-full installation.

After that please send me as before install-tl.log, and also the
texlive.profile that is created alongside the .log file (or in the tlpkg
folder)

Big thanks and I hope we can straighten that out.

Best wishes

Norbert