[tex-live] pretest: install hangs (was re: path not set)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 8 01:25:51 CEST 2009

On Di, 07 Jul 2009, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Vista, even an admin has to expressly ask for admin privileges.
>
> On my tests, the installer did a non-admin install under Vista if I
> didn't ask for those privileges. Install-tl.log:
> D:Switching to non-admin mode due to explict user request!

So do you understand why in Joel's installation it broke completely?

Joel, can you retry your an installation, but starting the installation
from a cmd window with
	install-tl -v
and send us the install-tl.log (the install program will tell you where
it has created it at the end).

Best wishes

Norbert