[tex-live] install-tl.bat breaks in some cases

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 01:02:35 CEST 2009

2009/7/6 Dan Luecking <luecking at uark.edu>:

> The following lines from instal-tl.bat (TL 2009) causes
> problems on my computers (work and home).
>
>  rem Now check for Windows NT which is also not supported
>  ver | find "NT"
>  if not errorlevel 1 goto WinNT

Thanks for the report.

> First problem:
>  - I have a different program named find.exe (a unix-like
>   utility) ahead of the system program find.exe. This
>   generates an error.

Can't help with that.

> I corrected that and the second problem surfaced:
>  - Since I do nearly all my computing from a 4NT command
>   prompt, "NT" is part of the output of ver, even though
>   the system is Windows XP and not Windows NT.

Bummer, I tested with Take Command (the successor of 4NT), so the
problem didn't show up because of a different name. Maybe I shoud
remove those lines altogether. There is a chance that our batches will
work on WinNT as well, but I can't be sure (there are some differences
and I don't have WinNT to test with). Oh well, I will remove this
extara check and in the worst case I will get compliants from winnt
users (hopefully there are not that many of them left our there).

Cheers,

Tomek