[tex-live] TL'09 pretest & XeTeX: "Cannot find Constantia.mf"

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:35:16 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 06 Jul 2009, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
>> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,Numbers={OldStyle,Proportional}]{Constantia}
>
> Is the font COnstantia installed somewhere?

Standard Windows font.

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> It doesn't find the font – does it have other names?

No.

> Does it work when you pass the full path name to XeTeX?

I copied the font files from C:\Windows\Fonts to the current directory,
and used the command

\setmainfont[ExternalLocation,BoldFont={constanb.ttf},ItalicFont={constani.ttf},BoldItalicFont={constanz.ttf}]{constan.ttf}

This worked.

I suspect that, for some reason, XɘTeX has not been properly set up to
find the Windows font directory.  Is there a way for me to check on this?

—Joel Salomon