[tex-live] pretest: texdoc problem

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Jul 6 10:14:36 CEST 2009

Hi Uwe Siart,

> > I've confirmed that "texlua texdoc.tlu ..." works on Windows XP and
> > Windows 2000.
>
> Maybe I got you wrong but I can't confirm for Windows 2000:

The error code of 193 means
ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT
(the command is not a valid Win32 application)

I can reproduce the same error on Windows 2000,
by saving a file named "start" in the current
directory.

The CreateProcess() finds a file named "start" in the command PATH
and tries to execute the file, failing with the error code 193.

Solution:
Rewrite

        set_config_ls {
            viewer_dvi    = 'start ""',