[tex-live] tex live 2009 pretests

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 12:45:20 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Karl Berry<karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> We're at the point where pretesting TeX Live 2009 would be very welcome.
> Please do so if you can.
>
> I've written a web page describing the situation as best I could:
>   http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>
> In short: download or mirror via one of the hosts listed at
> http://tug.org/texlive/mirmon/ and then use install-tl as with TL 2008.
>
> Bug reports, questions, comments welcome.

http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html says:

"To mirror the whole directory, rsync is the most efficient method:
rsync -x 2008 rsync://somehost/some/path/ /your/local/dir"

The -x option won't work on Ubuntu 9.04: man rsync says:

 -x, --one-file-system       don’t cross filesystem boundaries

The error I get is:

Unexpected remote arg: rsync://ftp.ctex.org/mirrors/texlive/tlnet/
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1220) [sender=3.0.5]

For Ubuntu
$ rsync --version
rsync  version 3.0.5  protocol version 30

I guess the line should read:

rsync -a --exclude=2008 rsync://somehost/some/path/ /your/local/dir

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia