[tex-live] pst-trees

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 12:56:01 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
>    There seem to be no licensing issues:
>
> Correct.
>
>    I understand that it would mean some extra work but two words of
>    explanation why some particular package is removed would be nice.
>
> tlmgr can only report what it knows from its point of view.  If you want
> actual reasons for changes, you need to look elsewhere.  I wrote this in
> the log entries:
>
> r11977> pstricks tree support now in own package (25jan09)
> r11976> split out pst-tree 1.10 (25jan09)
>
> Following the ctan-ann announcements (which is what the date refers to).
> If/Since you care about stuff at this level, I suggest reading ctan-ann.
>
> I've also been contemplating setting up a tlcommits mailing list to send
> out mail on every commit.  Never been sure if anyone else cares at that
> level ...

Email would not be appropriate -- users just want to check when tlmgr
does something surprising.  Could the log be included in texlive?  It is
useful to peek at the log from time to time.   Another option would be in
to include a URL for the log in the docs:

for revisions 11000--11999:
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/logs/svnlog?revision=12000&view=markup

Is there a way to get the entries by date?

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia