[tex-live] pst-trees

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:51:21 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii schrieb:
>> [Mon Jan 26 05:06:09 2009] auto-install new: pst-tree (11976)
>>
>> Tue Jan 27 07:17:21 EST 2009: remove pst-tree (removed on server)
>>
>> There seem to be no licensing issues:
>>
>> This work has the LPPL maintenance status "maintained".
>>
>> I understand that it would mean some extra work but two words of
>> explanation why some particular package is removed would be nice.
>
> why should it be important for the update manager
> to know the reason why a package moves from one directory
> to another?
>
> kpsewhich pst-tree.tex
>
> shows the new directory.

Update manager does not need to know, but the user may wonder. There
is no indication that package was moved, only that it was removed. And
while package is usable still by tex,  tlmgr is confused:

tlmgr show pst-tree
tlmgr: installation location http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
Package:    pst-tree
Category:   Package
ShortDesc:  Trees, using pstricks.
LongDesc:   pst-tree is a pstricks package that defines a macro
\pstree which offers a structured way of joining nodes created using
pst-node in order to draw trees.
Installed:  No
Collection: collection-pstricks

Victor