[tex-live] Did you ever try "texdoc latex"?

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jan 23 15:36:10 CET 2009

Well, I don't get that, but I do get told
(from LaTeX.pdf) that "This manual page is
not meant to be exhaustive. The complete
documentation for this version of TEX can
be found in the info file or manual /Web2C:
A TeX implementation/.".  Which is also,
perhaps, not the most useful piece of
information with which hit the beginner
at the outset ...

Philip TAYLOR