[tex-live] Did you ever try "texdoc latex"?

Keks Dose Cookie170 at web.de
Fri Jan 23 15:19:03 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

many thanks to all the people behind "texlive 2008", great software.

Maybe you could be a bit more friendly regarding newbies:

Did you ever try "texdoc latex"? My browser shows this page to me then:

file:///usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-doc/doc/dutch/ntg/amazon/latex.html

The nice piece of advice -- "go and buy a book" surely is justified, but isn't it a bit demoralising?

Regards,
Alexander