[tex-live] pdftex error -- can't use any font

Meho R. meho_r at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 13:03:59 CET 2009

Thanks a lot :))) I don't know how or why dvips package wasn't installed (is it possible that some of recent updates "removed" it?) I tried also an alternate solution: simply downloaded 8r.enc file from CTAN and put it in .../fonts/enc/pdftex/vntex (I guessed that it should go there) and it worked. But I like solution with dvips package more.  Thanks again, Robin.