[tex-live] pdftex error -- can't use any font

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 4 10:53:34 CET 2009

Meho R. <meho_r at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Haha, I see that :)) Anyone else encountered this or it's just me?

one imagines that anyone who couldn't produce any output using adobe
standard encoding fonts would have complained.  (note that, unless
something else is wrong, you _could_ have used cm fonts and the like.)

if your installation really doesn't have 8r.enc, dvi output wouldn't
have worked either -- at the point when the fonts had to be loaded (when
printing or viewing) the same failure would have occurred.

robin