[tex-live] (no subject)

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:52:21 CET 2009

2009/2/27 Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk>:
> it is apparently because when the paper size is unknown to dvips it will use
> the first one in the configuration file, thus A4
No, it was letter although my default is A4. dvips did not insert
anything, letter is the default of ps2pdf.

> it can be overwritten using
> dvips -t unknown
-t unknown does not help. The BoundingBox comment is calculated
correctly but the paper size is not set. I consider it a bug if dvips
ignores \special{papersize=...}

I did other experiments:
latex + dvipdfm: size is correct

xdvipdfmx: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.1: cannot

No PDF created. It must also be a new problem because xelatex worked.
YUM does not offer me any package with libexpat.so.1 (I have CentOS

> I have no idea why this change was made, someone may have a good reason
> --
> /daleif

Zdeněk Wagner