[tex-live] Installation: dviout\dviout.exe not found

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Feb 23 18:56:51 CET 2009

On So, 22 Feb 2009, Steve MC Han wrote:
> 1. dviout\dviout.exe not found. How do I locate this file or you don't have that problem?
>    I checked and found dviout file in TexLive2007, but not in 2008.

It should be installed automatically when you call
	tlmgr update --all
or
	tlmgr update collection-wintools

In case it isn't, call
	tlmgr install bin-dviout.win32

> 2. Did you also have to install ghostscript, gsview etc to use ps2pdf ?

There is a hidden ghostscript which is used for our scripts, but it is
not available outside the installation.

Best wishes

Norbert

And wow! Hey! What's this thing coming towards me very
fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a
big wide sounding word like... ow... ound... round...
ground! That's it! That's a good name - ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?
                 --- For the sperm whale, it wasn't.