[tex-live] Message from tlmgr during update

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chyavana at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 12:04:38 CET 2009

Folks,

I have recently installed a full scheme TeX Live 2009 on my Kubuntu 9.10 PC.

During update, I get inter-alia this message from the tlmgr program:

---
skipping forcibly removed package background

skipping forcibly removed package bibexport

skipping forcibly removed package bibexport.x86_64-linux

skipping forcibly removed package ccicons

skipping forcibly removed package censor

skipping forcibly removed package combelow

skipping forcibly removed package combinedgraphics

skipping forcibly removed package cookybooky

skipping forcibly removed package dashundergaps

skipping forcibly removed package flashmovie

skipping forcibly removed package ftnxtra

skipping forcibly removed package gentium

skipping forcibly removed package gnu-freefont

skipping forcibly removed package graphics-pln

skipping forcibly removed package here

skipping forcibly removed package hvindex

skipping forcibly removed package jablantile

skipping forcibly removed package js-misc

skipping forcibly removed package latexdiff
skipping forcibly removed package latexdiff.x86_64-linux
skipping forcibly removed package pagerange
skipping forcibly removed package patgen2-tutorial
skipping forcibly removed package pnas2009
skipping forcibly removed package popupmenu
skipping forcibly removed package pst-am
skipping forcibly removed package pst-knot
skipping forcibly removed package pst-mirror
skipping forcibly removed package pst-thick
skipping forcibly removed package relsize
skipping forcibly removed package revtex4
skipping forcibly removed package ryethesis
skipping forcibly removed package soton
skipping forcibly removed package spreadtab
skipping forcibly removed package subsupscripts
skipping forcibly removed package tex-label
skipping forcibly removed package xeindex
skipping forcibly removed package xesearch
skipping forcibly removed package xwatermark
---

Is this intended behaviour or have I done something wrong during
installation or update? Please advise.

FYI, the net archive from which I was updating was automatically
selected by the tlmgr program.

Thank you.