[tex-live] bbding10 pfb font

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 16 20:21:19 CET 2009

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> while debugging a bug submitted to Debian I realized that
> 	bbding10
> does not have a pfb font. Well, there is one, in the niceframe package
> but in TeX Live this is somehow stripped away. On CTAN there is bbding10.pfb.
>
> Does anyone have an idea where the pfb font is coming from, and why
> it is not included in the bbding package?

comes from ctan fonts/niceframe, which is a set of type 1 versions of
fonts "recommended by" the niceframe package.

this is the sort of thing we'll commonly agonise over on the ctan list
and (almost always) install as submitted.  the problem is that the fonts
that rolf niepraschk converted come from all over -- bbding, dingbat,
karta and umrand packages.

i'm just installing catalogue cross-links to the type 1 fonts from the
font packages they came from.  probably doesn't help much, but there's
not much can be done :-(

robin