[tex-live] listings.sty Suddenly Broke

Brian C. Ladd drbcladd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:56:54 CET 2009

Two questions:

(1) Does someone else see the same (wrong) behavior on their installation?
If so, then I can feel a little bit good that it is not just my
configuration (and I can stop chasing down all the configuration files all
over the place). How about with 2008?

(2) Running on Ubuntu 9.10. I have three TexLive installations, 7, 8, and 9
(that is 200X). The 2008 and 2009 were installed with install-tl (the
appropriate version). It may be the case that I was wrong about the problem
just manifesting. That is, I cannot find a version of the PDF that worked
that was certainly produced with 2009 _or_ 2008. Thus I fall back on 2007
which is much less helpful in making fine tuning formatting decisions (adds
20 pages to a 500 page book).

(3) If I were not at the final layout stage this would not freak me out as
much as it does. If someone else can make this work with 2K8 or 2K9, then I
will beat my head against the problem and trace down the configuration. If
the code does not work for another, then I will punt and fall back to 2K7.

Thanks in advance for any information.

-bcl

--
Dr. Brian C. Ladd