[tex-live] testers for proxy support in TeX Live Utility

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Dec 11 03:35:05 CET 2009

If anyone can test TeX Live Utility with a proxy, particularly one that requires a username/password, please contact me offlist.  I've added support for reading the proxy host/port from system preferences and the user/pass from the keychain, but I don't actually have a proxy to test against.  I'm doing this by setting http_proxy and ftp_proxy in the environment, as needed...if anyone knows of a problem with this, please let me know.

Requirements: Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later and TeX Live 2009

thanks,
Adam