[tex-live] testing infrastructure updates

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Dec 3 21:39:57 CET 2009

On 28 November 2009 Victor Ivrii wrote:

 > On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
 >
 > > Yes. We have removed all the support files and try to remove everything
 > > dealing with non-free fonts.
 > >
 > > Pleae get it at
 > >        http://tug.org/~kotucha/getnonfreefonts/
 >
 > I wonder if the list of nonfreefonds one can get this way has been
 > expanding, shrinking or remained the same over years

Sorry for the late response.  I had an accident and spent a week in
hospital.  Just arrived at home a few hours ago.

When getnonfreefonts was born, it supported only the few fonts Karl had
to remove at this time, plus Adobe Euro.  When people became aware of
getnonfreefonts I was pointed to some other fonts which are supported
now, too.  The list of supported fonts is quite stable since then.

Actually, nowadays getfont200{6,7,8,9} is one and the same file with
different directory entries.  (Thanks to Harald König, who recently
told me that getfont2009 works fine with TL-2007).

During the last few years Karl had to remove a few other fonts from
TeX Live and informed me by mail.  Unfortunately I had no time to add
them immediately and now I don't find Karl's mails anymore.  However,
I'll add these fonts former or later.  My idea is to create a list of
fonts provided by TL-2005 and compare it with what we have now.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25