[tex-live] Incompatible geometry.sty changes

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Sun Aug 30 17:59:38 CEST 2009

Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> writes:

> So, if geometry is an 'interface' to document geometry then I think
> there should a way to set default paper format for all documents
> unless document author choose explicitly other format.

But then the result of the same LaTeX document will differ from site to
site depending on the default paper size settings there unless explicit
paper format is given in the document. Is this what we want? I remember
a very popular text processing software where the selected printer
driver had a bearing on page break ...

--
Uwe