[tex-live] Warnings from updmap-sys

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 23 13:32:05 CEST 2009

2009/8/23 Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de>:
> On W2k updmap-sys issues the following messages after running mktexlsr:
>
> ,----
> | mktexlsr: Done.
> | Files generated:
> | dir: /b: No such file or directory
> | dir: /s: No such file or directory
> | c:\\Programme\\texlive\\2009\\texmf-var\\fonts\\map\\dvips\\updmap\\download35.map
> | dir: /b: No such file or directory
> | dir: /s: No such file or directory
> | c:\\Programme\\texlive\\2009\\texmf-var\\fonts\\map\\dvips\\updmap\\builtin35.map
> `----
>
> I can't say if this is due to some erratic behavior. The mapfiles
> generated look ok.

This might be connected with the recent change I made. See the thread
about updmap and TCC from a few days back.

Can you check, which revision of updmap you have (tlmgr show tetex)?

I don't have w2k to test with. Could you run the following with our
perl (tlpkg/tlperl/bin/perl.exe):

  print `echo cmdcmdline=%cmdcmdline%`;

Please save it in a file, don't run it with 'perl -e ...' as the
output might be different. This should tell me how backticks are
handled on your system.

Cheers,

Tomek