[tex-live] tlmgr update

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:30:22 CEST 2009

2009/8/12 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:
> Zdenek Wagner a écrit :
>> AFAIK rar is shareware but there are free unrar sources that can be
>> easily compiled on Linux. Probably they do not know about it. From
>> time to time I receive .rar containing .bat.
>>
> Unless I'm mistaken, the free version of unrar cannot uncompress all rar
> archives. Probably a problem with versions...

There is a Linux unrar executable that can be directly installed but
it is quite an old version. The new version is available only as a
source code, it is version 3.70 (I have it for a long time, maybe
newer version is already available). It can uncompress even password
protected archives (if you know the password). I found the sources by
Google search.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/