[tex-live] One last question

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Sat Aug 1 11:09:00 CEST 2009

Rowland McDonnell <rjmmnet-lists at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Why is it that on the tex-live and the TeX on MacOS X mailing lists, I
> get responses which can truthfully be characterised as mostly hostile
> and unhelpful?

What unsettled me is that you insist on doing expert work (maintain
texlive by hand) but at the same time claim that the docs are useless
because they are for experts only.

Everything you asked for can easily be done by the maintainance tools
that come with texlive. But you always insinuated that they will break
your installation. My speculation is that the main reason for your
broken installation is that you twiddle with it by hand without being
willing to dig into experts' knowledge.

>From that position you rail against the developers that their work is
not helpful for you and totally useless anyway. So what do you expect?

--
Uwe