[tex-live] TexLive fails because it can't download some package

Torsten A. c2k_list at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 02:03:07 CEST 2009

Karl Berry schrieb:
>     point of time the installer always quits with the message
>
> How discouraging.  Sorry.
>
>     Can someone tell me how to choose a more reliable server
>
> http://ctan.org/mirrors has the list of mirrors.  Look at that, pick one,
> then run
> install-tl -location http://ctan.example.org/tex-archive/texlive/tlnet/2008
>
> Of course the chosen hostname and its particular top-level CTAN path
> have to be used.
>
> Hope it flies.
>
> Best,
> Karl

Hi,

thanks for all your help. I appreciate it. I used another server during
the night and it went quiet well. I never got to the point to get the
help for install-tl. Whenever I executed install-tl --help it only
showed the source of the sh script.

The version is $Id: install-tl 12715 2009-04-14 00:06:37Z karl $. Maybe
this is known or the problem is because of some configuration with my
installation.

But now it worked. Thanks again for the quick response!

Cheers,
    Torsten