[tex-live] probable errors in texlive.tlpdb

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 09:23:03 CEST 2009

Dan Luecking <luecking at uark.edu> wrote:

> 1. The description for the pl package (both shortdesc and
> longdesc) claims that it is a package for literate programming
> in Prolog. But it consists exclusively of fonts and support files
> for the pl fonts (Polish versions of cm).

the fonts appear on ctan as language/polish/pl-mf .../pl-tfm and
../plpsfont, i.e., confused in the same way as cc-pl was until recently
tidied.

the catalogue entries are similarly confusing, being pl-mf and plpsfont;
pl-tfm is obviously a waste of space in today's world and i've not
catalogued it.

perhaps we can persuade one of the poles to rationalise this lot too?

robin