[tex-live] error on (after) texlive 2008 installation

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Apr 17 10:39:19 CEST 2009

Am Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:15:46 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

>> Probably dvips35.map is a generated map (and its content depends on
>  > the setting of dvipsDownloadBase35 in the cfg). So it doesn't exist
>  > when after the installation the ls-R are generated.
>
> Hi Ulrike,
> I assume that it existed already because I did nothing else between
> running the commands kpsewhich, texhash, kpsewhich.  And texhash
> doesn't create anything except the ls-R files.

Yes. But the question is not if it existed but if it was listed in
the ls-R files. And if the order on installation is

texhash updmap(-sys) (creates dvips35.map) kpsewhich texhash
kpsewhich

you would get the described behaviour.

> What surprised me is that it never happened before.

Search google for dvips35.map ...
But perhaps installation changed, e.g. it could be that on an update
generated maps are deleteted.

--
Ulrike Fischer