[tex-live] DTL (DVI Text Language): licence?

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 13:33:34 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>    So somebody could respond to an email rather than reuploading to CTAN,
>    for example?
>
> Exactly.  I usually offer to update it on CTAN myself if they are
> agreeable but don't want to take the time themselves.  This has happened
> several times with contributors who haven't been active for years.
>
>    packages for which there is no information in the package
>
> That is catalogue-license noinfo.  Those are the ones to concentrate on.
>
>    vs. packages which might contain the information but where this
>    isn't entered into the CTAN catalogue metadata.
>
> Those are catalogue-license unknown.  Don't worry about those for the
> time being.

What determines which catalog entries get "catalogue-license" lines?
I can see how the 00texlive entries don't need them since they come under
the overall license, although I'm sure some lawyer would have a different
notion.  Many packages don't appear to provide the line:

 $ egrep '^name|^catalogue-license'
/opt/tex/texlive/svn/Master/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb |head -20
name 00texlive-installation.config
name 00texlive.config
name 00texlive.core
name 00texlive.installer