[tex-live] DTL (DVI Text Language): licence?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 28 01:55:21 CEST 2008

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     texlive.tlpdb does not contain the term "noinfo".
>
> Maybe yours doesn't, but mine does :).  For example, adrlist:
>
> catalogue-date 2008-09-17 18:30:54 +0200
> catalogue-license noinfo

the cambridge mirror of tlpdb has

name adrlist
category Package
revision 7340
shortdesc Using address lists in LaTeX.
longdesc The package provides a read-file command (\ForEachAdress) and a
longdesc set of commands for unpicking the address data in the file.
docfiles size=3
 texmf-dist/doc/latex/adrlist/adrlist.dvi
srcfiles size=4
 texmf-dist/source/latex/adrlist/README
 texmf-dist/source/latex/adrlist/adrlist.dtx
 texmf-dist/source/latex/adrlist/adrlist.ins
runfiles size=1
 texmf-dist/tex/latex/adrlist/adrlist.sty
catalogue-ctan /macros/latex/contrib/adrlist
catalogue-date 2008-05-14 19:23:34 +0200
catalogue-license unknown
catalogue-version

whereas the catalogue entry was updated on 2008-09-17

> Probably the catalogue changes happened since you installed.  We
> wouldn't update packages just because the catalogue-license changed.
>
> You can rsync or svn checkout texlive.tlpdb from the repo.  I disabled it
> from web access because it's modified every day, and the search engines
> were killing us crawling through the history.

so when does the mirror get to see the changed tlpdb?  is that only when
something "significant" has changed?

there really isn't any "noinfo" in the mirror, so unless people are
_working on_ tex live rather than _using_ it, they won't have seen it.

(note, i don't consider myself to be working on tex live -- i've more
than enough to do with ctan and the catalogue.)