[tex-live] LZMA

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 28 01:29:22 CEST 2008

    No, it was useless ---when I tried to run tlmgr I got
    > tlmgr option location
    > /usr/texbin/tlmgr: line 5: !DOCTYPE: No such file or directory

Axel, you somehow ended up with the HTML representation of the page,
instead of the actual content of the file.

    server to provide MIME type (and server looks at configuration files
    and override instructions).

Sure, I am well aware :).  But I don't want to add a dozen ugly
mime-type special cases for the lzma binaries.  Since we didn't give the
files an extension, there's no easy way to do it.

As for also providing the binaries as .zip's, I guess it could be done
more maintainably.  We'd want to set up a Makefile so that the .zip's
were automatically remade when the binaries changed, else they'd
undoubtedly get out of sync.

karl