[tex-live] pdftex and other binaries updates

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:47:21 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> For Victor: --dry-run echos now the very same lines as without
> --dry-run, save the post  install actions which I cannot execute without
> messing up some things.

Yes I noticed but since it does not print version numbers it does not
substitute update --list

This morning transcript (other machine). bin-tetex is systematically
updated (see my previous post with update --list and update --all

Mercury:victor102%tlmgr update --list
tlmgr: installation location http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
bin-tetex: local: 10698, source: 10711
collection-latexextra: local: 10706, source: 10714
pax: local: 10668, source: 10713
Mercury:victor103%sudo tlmgr
--location=http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008 update --all
Password:
tlmgr: installation location http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
update: bin-tetex (first remove old, then install new)
remove: bin-tetex
remove: bin-tetex.universal-darwin
install: bin-tetex
install: bin-tetex.universal-darwin
update: bin-tetex done
update: collection-latexextra (first remove old, then install new)
remove: collection-latexextra
install: collection-latexextra
update: collection-latexextra done
update: pax (first remove old, then install new)
remove: pax
install: pax
install: pax.universal-darwin
update: pax done