[tex-live] guitbeamer

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Sep 24 12:18:32 CEST 2008

On  23 Sep, 2008, at 05:48, Emiliano Giovanni Vavassori wrote:

> Il giorno Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:49:29 +0200, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at
> > ha scritto:
>
>> I have to say that this will force us to remove guitbeamer
>> immediately
>> from the TeX Live distribution completely.
>
> For the moment, I think it's ok, just drop it from TeXLive. I hope
> it will be in any case available on CTAN (which I think it's another
> entity, by the means of TeXLive).

Just for the record of curiosities, I'm installing TeX Live on Ubuntu
---the first try (with the GUI installer) got stuck when it reached
guitbeamer; I clicked the ``Install TeX Live'' button again, and once
more it got stuck with guitbeamer.

I had to quit the installer and relaunched telling it to ignore
I guess it will continue without any further problem.

I think I was unfortunate enough to connect to the mirror when
guitbeamer was still in its database, but by the time it tried to
install said class this was no longer in the repository.

Best,

Axel